Custom Wood Pallets and Skids
Custom wood pallets and skids designed and built here at Quality Support are durable, cost-efficient platforms for safe and effective transport, loading, and storage. As a professional packaging organization with decades of experience, we build custom wood pallets and skids in any configuration to support loads of any size and weight distribution.
Although the terms are frequently used interchangeably, pallets and skids are a little different. A wood pallet is a low platform with both a top and bottom deck, typically built with three or four stingers to provide support and stability. Wood skids are simply pallets without the bottom deck. While the extra sturdiness of pallets makes them a versatile choice for transport and storage, skids are often used for storage or as a base for heavy equipment and machinery.
Wooden Pallet & Skid Details
- Based on your unit load and material handling conditions, we choose the best design and grade of lumber for your job.
- With extensive experience as a contract packager for the government, we can apply wood preservatives in accordance with various Mil-Spec standards.
- In addition to two-way pallets, we build them in heavy duty, four-way configurations that allow forklift or pallet jack access from all sides.
- We offer disposable, reusable or returnable options, depending on your transport, shipping and storage scenario.
- Pallets and skids can also be heat treated and stamped to indicate compliance with ISPM-15 and IPPC-15 regulations for import/export applications.